Friday, June 10, 2011

Trust30 - Prompt #8: Five Years

There will be an agreement in whatever variety of actions, so they be each honest and natural in their hour. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Writing prompt: What would you say to the person you were five years ago? What will you say to the person you’ll be in five years?
(Author: Corbett Barr)
----------------------------------------------------------------------
To my 39-year old self:
Don't wait until you're 43 to cut back on gluten and alcohol. Do it now. You'll sleep better. You'll feel better. You won't be so darn moody. I mean it!
And floss daily. Please.
Otherwise you're doing fine.

To my 49-year old self:
How's the new house?  Is it finished yet? 
Are you remembering to floss?
Remember you said you wanted to look 40 when you turned 50?  How's that going?  I really am doing everything I can - sunscreen, regular facials, yoga.  Hope it helped.
Laugh anyway. 
You are loved.

1 comment: