Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Trust30 - Prompt #6: Come Alive

Life wastes itself while we are preparing to live. – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Writing prompt: If you had one week left to live, would you still be doing what you’re doing now? In what areas of your life are you preparing to live? Take them off your To Do list and add them to a To Stop list. Resolve to only do what makes you come alive.
(Author: Jonathan Mead)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
My To Stop List:
- worry about what other people think
- stew over the shape of my thighs
- fret about whether I did or said the right thing, yesterday or 20 years ago
- agonise over whether I am a good enough - mother, wife, sister, daughter, friend, yoga teacher, writer...

The only thing that is preventing me from becoming completely ALIVE is the amount of time I spend worrying. 
I resolve to stop. Today.

1 comment:

  1. incredibly inspiring. i am so sick of my own similar agonizing; am i a good enough wife, teacher, sister, daughter, co-worker, friend? it is so funny how the collectivist parts of our self concept take over our self esteem. i think it is time to do something about it. thank you for posting this!!!

    ReplyDelete