Tuesday, October 19, 2010

the language of shape

'I found I could say things with color and shapes that
I couldn't say any other way - things I had no words for'. Georgia O'Keefe

Pelvis with Distance (1943)
"I was most interested in the holes in the bones - what I saw through them - particularly the blue from holding them up in the sun against the sky".
(I found this artwork by Georgia O'Keefe here)
Thoughts for today:
What do you have no words for?
Is there a shape and a colour to describe it?
How can you use art and photography to express yourself?
Isn't this what art is all about?

3 comments:

  1. I shall have to think about this today! I love the picture and now I can see the pelvis in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thoughts for today. Sometimes I ask me, why something is called art. In the shape you watch to it, I can understand why.

    I really love to read your blog :D - thankful Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. I have such a great affection for Georgia. She is part of the landscape of my youth and I have missed her. When I am feeling raw and worn it is poetry and art that help me find my balance again. Thank you for your words and shapes and images.

    "What do you have no words for?" I will think about that (and go back to bed and sleep). But for now it is the images of my childhood that I stumbled across twice today--here and at Guy
    Tal. many thanks again. : )

    ReplyDelete