Friday, April 17, 2009

The Fullness of Life

It's been a busy week.

The lovely long Easter weekend was consumed by social engagements (fun but tiring) and chores (like long overdue weeding and a big pile of ironing - satisfying when done!). Instead of feeling relaxed after the 4 day weekend I felt exhausted (but at least there was chocolate).

And since then, I've been trying to get the next issue of my yoga newsletter finished which I finally did yesterday afternoon - thanks to the fact that the girls were happily entertained playing with the kids from next door. Apart from the occasional demand for snacks I was able to park behind the computer and get it done!
It's also GST return time, and PAYE time...so I've been trying to catch up on all my admin. Which I have!

And now it's the end of the week - TGIF :)

Tomorrow I turn 42. Another busy year full of busy weeks like the one just past, has gone by. The funny thing is that even though it feels like only yesterday that I turned 41, it also in some ways feels like eons ago - so much has happened, so much has changed.

For example the cottage has been tranformed! This time last year we were at the start of our renovation...walls were coming down, rooms were being rearranged, dust was flying. My eye infection had flared up. I was (to put it mildly) a bit of a mess!

Now I look around at our cozy cottage, with its lovely kitchen and bathroom, its small but spacious living area and its comfortable bedrooms. I can see (with reasonable clarity!) a comfortable home which I love living in!

Most importantly though, the changes have happened inside me - inside my mind and my heart.
Each day I am learning to let go a little more.
I am learning to love myself and my life.
I am learning that at all times I have an infinite source of Love and Power at my disposal.
And each day, I am learning how to tap into that Source.

So as I celebrate my birthday tomorrow, I will be celebrating another year of this journey which is my Life.

And I will be looking forward to another busy year.
But busy-ness tends to have such negative connotations...where we're so consumed with what we're doing that we lose track of why we're living.
So instead I think I'll look forward to another full year - a year of learning, a year of growth and discovery, a year of creative goals, conscious choices and intentional living.

Because if there is anything I have learnt in my 42 years, it's that we never stop growing and we never stop learning, each destination is simply another step as we continue our climb.
And that is what makes Life such a miraculous and joyous adventure.
(with thanks as always to Sarah for her wonderful photo!)

2 comments:

  1. another amazing addition to your blog, which brings tears to my eyes, you are truly talented, believe it! and so connected, your love for life and gratitude for it show in the wonder and joy which surround you, in every form. love laughter and light to you always. a big ball of love and hugs coming your way...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you vv much !! have a wonderful day - love you xoxox

    ReplyDelete